Exclusive to Icarus Simulation Limited
Our complete 20-hour Synthetic Flight Training Course is composed of five 4-hour modules.
- Experience the thrill of learning to fly just like a real pilot.
- We currently offer five course modules, each consisting of 4 hours of training:
- Principles of flight
- Advanced Navigation
The modules may be purchased separately or all together. Exclusive to our course students, we also offer the chance to take the controls of a real aircraft to apply newly learned skills in a real-world environment from Durham Tees Valley Airport.
With the purchase of a full course, then there is an option to add a flying lesson from Durham Tees Valley Airport to the end of the course at a heavily discounted rate.
- Primary & Secondary Effects of Controls
- Aircraft structure & how a piston engine works
- Straight & Level Flight
- Climbing and Descending
- Stalling & Recovery
- Flying in poor weather conditions using instruments:
Climbing, Descending & Turning
- Position finding using VOR/DME
- Rate 1 turns & the basic holding pattern.
- Flying an ILS approach in low visibility.
See our current HALL OF FAME for students who have completed the Instrument Route Challenge.
- Emergencies on the ground:
Engine fire during start
Engine failure after take off
- Engine failure at altitude including engine fire
- Radio Failure
- Abandoned take off, Go-around
- Visual flight rules (VFR) navigation planning and radio calls (classroom only)
- Newcastle to Carlisle Flight (pre-planned)
- Durham To Newcastle Flight (self planned)
- Solo flight (self-planned)