Our complete 20-hour Synthetic Flight Training Course is composed of five 4-hour modules.
- Adults and juniors aged 8 and over -
- Experience the thrill of learning to fly just like a real pilot.
- We currently offer five course modules, each consisting of four 1-hour lessons:
- Principles of flight
- Advanced Navigation
- Each lesson consists of 10 minutes of pre-flight briefing followed by 50 minutes of simulator flying.
The modules may be purchased separately or all together. Exclusive to our course students, we also offer the chance to take the controls of a real aircraft to apply newly learned skills in a real-world environment from Durham Tees Valley Airport.
With the purchase of a full course, then there is an option to add a flying lesson from Durham Tees Valley Airport to the end of the course.
- Primary & Secondary Effects of Controls
- Aircraft structure & how a piston engine works
- Straight & Level Flight
- Climbing and Descending
- Stalling & Recovery
- Flying in poor weather conditions using instruments:
Climbing, Descending & Turning
- Position finding using VOR/DME
- Rate 1 turns & the basic holding pattern.
- Flying an ILS approach in low visibility.
See our current HALL OF FAME for students who have completed the Instrument Route Challenge.
- Emergencies on the ground:
Engine fire during start
Engine failure after take off
- Engine failure at altitude including engine fire
- Radio Failure
- Abandoned take off, Go-around
- Visual flight rules (VFR) navigation planning and radio calls (classroom only)
- Newcastle to Carlisle Flight (pre-planned)
- Durham To Newcastle Flight (self planned)
- Solo flight (self-planned)