Available from December 1st, 2017
Freehold Business asking price: circa £29,000
Simulator asset: circa £14,000
Offer deadline: November 16th, 2017.
What set out to be a one-year project ended up being so successful that Icarus Simulation has grown from strength to strength over the two and a half years of operation.
Should you be interested in either the business as a whole or just the simulator, then by all means get in touch to arrange a chat or visit.
Designed by a commercial pilot and flight instructor, sourcing parts from across Europe, this is a truly unique simulator which provides exceptional realism and immersive training.
Able to offer practice for PPL, IMC and IR pilots, this is an ideal asset for a flying school looking for a weather-independent revenue stream or an established simulator centre looking for a dual control SEP simulator. Alternatively it can be run (as it is currently) as a stand-alone facility that (on just a part time basis) generates an average annual turnover of £39,000 / year with negligible running costs.
Our 20-hour course has been exceptionally popular (condensing all the CPL practical training into a thoroughly enjoyable and intensive series of lessons) and has been recognised by the Duke of Edinburgh's Award to deliver their Bronze Skills Award.
- Offers Invited
- Established Business
- Attractive Business
- Small Business
- With Car Park
- Free of Tie Leasehold
- Company for Sale
- Fully Fitted
- Unique Business
- Set up to run easily by a single person
- Experience lessons 30 minutes to 2 hours
- Five progressive, structured pilot training courses
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award – Bronze Skills Award (20 hours) - Just received AAP Approval for full partnership!
- PPL supplementary training lessons
- Opens 4 / 7 days - with capacity to open 7 days.
- Hourly rates up to £79
- Proven to have interest for all ages and abilities, with exceptional 5-Star public response (Facebook and TripAdvisor)
- Different gift voucher sites are keen to work with the business (Wowcher / Intotheblue / Groupon etc)
- Potential for CAA/EASA accreditation for 5 hours towards a PPL
- Fully immersive enclosed shell replicating the inside of a light aircraft
- Dual Control
- Single and Multi-engine
- DUO Instrument panel, yoks and pedals from VirtualFly, Barcelona
- Simulator PC includes GTX1050 3HDMI out graphics card
- 3 60-inch HD LED TVs
- 140-degree visuals
- Multi-engine throttle quadrant
- Integrated sound
- Seats: 2 + 2 spectators
- External ATC / instructor station to control weather and aircraft failures.
- Active association with and members of:
- North East England Chamber of Commerce
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Durham Business
- Simulator enthusiast groups
- Current / retired commercial pilots
- F.I. looking to run their own (weather independent) business
- Flying schools
- EARLY PURCHASE AVAILABLE TO MAKE THE MOST OF CHRISTMAS SALES
Following Purchase (Optional)
- Simulator function training
- Course and experience delivery training can be provided.
- Location: Langley Park Durham – may be transported to a new venue
- Reception area
- Spectator lounge with viewing screens
- Multimedia teaching classroom area with LED projector
- Separate simulator room
- Built into an industrial unit, customised and furnished bespoke for the operation.
- Mobile Card payment terminal for sales on the move.
Course Materials included in the purchase
- 5 Detailed bespoke progressive course books with textbooks written in house by a commercial pilot and flight instructor
- Training materials
- Comprehensive, fully customisable website (.com & .co.uk domains)
- Integrated online purchasing and customer booking system.
- Active social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.)
- 150+ Social media and TripAdvisor customer reviews at 5*
- Large, established customer database and integrated email marketing
- Age Concern
- Cubs & Scouts
- Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Approved Partner
- Christmas Sleigh Experiences ages 4 to 12
- Sponsor of Local School Football team